Being a quilter myself I understand the time, effort and expense that goes into piecing your quilt top. Being offered the opportunity to help complete your creation is a privilege.
Royal Jasmyn Quilting offers an E2E quilting service.
- We have a small selection of 208″ wide quilt backings and various wadding options for purchase (click the ‘Backings’ tab on this page here) or you can provide your preferred fabric.
- If providing your backing and wadding, please ensure that they are squared up and measure an extra 4″ on all sides than your quilt top. (ie: 8″ longer and 8″ wider than your quilt top.)
- Take these measurements through the centre areas of your quilt.
Quilting Service Pricing
Pricing for this service begins at $3.85/sq’ for basic stitching up to $4.95/sq’ for more detailed designs. A $22 set up fee is applicable to all quilts. I may also charge if your quilt or backing requires ironing, or if you have a backing that needs to be joined or squared up.
All care and attention is taken to provide the best possible finish to your quilt, however, I often find some factors may result in a less than perfect finish. A common problem is when borders are too loose or too tight – uneven or stretched fabric.
Tips For Attaching Your Borders
- I suggest when attaching borders, carefully measure through the centre of your quilt taking care not to over stretch and cut your border piece to this desired length.
- Mark both the quilt top and border in quarters and match up these markings and ease to fit as you stitch.
- Pressing your seams as you sew also assists with the quality of the finish to your quilt top.
- When attaching a pieced border it may be desirable to stay stitch the outer edge to avoid excess stretching.
- The quality of the backing fabric and wadding can also affect the quilting finish. I prefer to work with natural fibres; cotton, bamboo, wool, wool/poly or similar combos. Preferable with a low to medium loft.
For step by step details, please read the instructions and download the order form here: Quilting Information Form. If you have any questions please just ask me!